Saturday, November 21, 2009

Honey To MY Oreo's

How Can Art Be a Mirror of Reality?

Art could be a mirror of reality by having the technique of realism. Realism depicts the true actions of everyday life such as going to school and reading and emotions like curiosity and seriousness. In the painting 'School of Athens' the mirror of reality there is the likeliness of a real school. Like in real school life, the painting has cliques or groups of people who are interested in different things. Also it is the mirror of the Renaissance because of the interest and the thirst for knowledge. This reflects the thirst for knowledge because in the painting, you can see a man in a turban, which means that he had traveled all the way from wherever he came from to Athens just to study and learn. So, art can be a mirror of reality with the experience that the artist has with the surrounding world around them.














Where would I fit in 'THE SCHOOL OF ATHENS'


I don't really think i would exactly fit well in the School of Athens. I think this because all these people have done great things and most of these great works have influenced the world, but what they learn and study, to me is pretty boring and if Rafael would paint me in the School of Athens, I would somewhere of to the side falling asleep. Poetry, writing and literature is like the honey to my oreo's and just to tell you that I don't like honey and that I love oreos.

No comments: